PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Water & Weather Conditions » Itapara Lodge
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Itapara Lodge 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Bob Daly
Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Posts: 255
Location: Whiting, Indiana
Was advised today by Itapara Lodge owner, Milton Cardille, to postpone my trip to itapara on Dec 1st due to high water levels :cry: . With conflicts at work, I have no choice other than to go on the trip and hope the waters come down next week before I leave.

This marks the 3rd time in 4 yrs where I have been advised to postpone due to water levels. Seems like the "dry" season is changing down there.

Bob Daly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
Guest
Bob, hate to hear that news but my fishing buddies and I where discussing that same thing when we were at Lake Huites a few weeks ago. Scheduling a trip to Brazil has almost become a crap shoot as far as good water conditions. I really believe the cycles are changing. Would like to see some meteorologist data on these last few years. Imagine how it is for the outfitters trying to satisfy everyone when they have been waiting a year to go on a trip. Good luck and hopefully the water will drop.

Bobby Foster
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quote
Bob Daly
Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Posts: 255
Location: Whiting, Indiana
Thanks for the reply Bobby Amgetting tired of the possiblity of cancellations. Have been heading down to South America since 1990 for the peacocks. As you "old" timers know, fishing was fantastic. One really got addicted to the peacock fishing. As of now, I am done with the peacock trips as I finished this coming trip. Am more satisfied with La Zona and Alaska and maybe Africa than constantly worrying about the peacock water levels. Been a shift worker, it is extemely difficult to resecudi;trip on a weeks notice. I appland with owner, outfitters for giving guys this option, but some of us due not have this option. For me to postpone it would cost me over $1200 to rebook my TAM flight which is rediulous and cost of hotel in Miami which is non-refundable plus begging people at work to cancel there plans since I am cancelling my "vacation". As mentioned above it is not a money issue, but a schedule problem for me. Until the weather patterns stabilize for awile , I willl book the fishing trips mentioned above.

Hopefully you trips go better than mine.
Bob Daly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Bob Daly
Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Posts: 255
Location: Whiting, Indiana
Received word that the water levels at Itapara are greater than 10ft above normal and rising. :cry: I postponed my trip till 2010. Had to eat a few airline tickets however. :cry: Hopefully the rains stop soon so guys will get down there in a few weeks or so.
Happy Thanksgiving to all . :D
Bob Daly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
Guest
Ten feet above normal for this time of the year is just sick. Feel for you Bob but you probably made the right decision. Happy Turkey day to you also.

Bobby Foster
Itapara Lodge 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Water & Weather Conditions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group |© 2004 Trushkin.net