PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Water & Weather Conditions » Water conditions
Water conditions 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote
Greg Thompson
Site Admin
I have just returned from a rain shortened trip to Brazil. First and foremost let me say how respectful I am of the honest operators who despite financial loss, chose to cancel trips instead of sending their customers into most unfavorable water conditions. I believe all of the PBA member operators have canceled there clients for at least the next 2 weeks. I can tell you that the Unini and the Preta had risen 6' between a week before Christmas and our arrival on the 27th . It rained some every day I was there. Jeri was in contact with villages up river above Barcelos and those rivers also according to the villagers were blown out with high water. It was raining daily in Manaus also. The waters are running swift on the Upper Unini and with a week to ten days of no rain should be back to great fishing. Any one that would like further information please don't hesitate to email me on the forum. I urge anyone whose operator hasn't contacted them about trips for the next 2 to 3 weeks to contact them yourself and inquire about present conditions.

Greg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Jim Wright
Greg,

I am scheduled for a trip with River Plate in about 10 days. I will be on one of the floating cabin camps, but not sure which river. Should I be concerned about a last minute cancellation?

Thanks!
Jim
Water conditions 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Greg Thompson
Site Admin
Jim,

I would defiantly be prepared for a postponed trip. I just looked at the radar in that area and it appears that the rains have not subsided. Please feel free to email me your number and I will be glad to call.

Greg Thompson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote
Bob Daly
Jim: Believe River Platte does much fishing on the Itapara during this period. I was postponed from going to Itapara Lodge for this week due to high water, so I would not doubt if you get postponed.
Good luck and good fishing,
Bob Daly
Water conditions 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Water & Weather Conditions