PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Water & Weather Conditions » Peacock Bass Country Weather Reports
Peacock Bass Country Weather Reports 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
A new feature on our website at www.peacockbassassociation.com is today's weather hour-by-hour and a 10-day forecast for ten top towns and cities in Peacock Bass Country. Plan for an upcoming trip to one of the popular peacock bass fishing areas around the world.

Go to: http://www.peacockbassassociation.com/html/weather.html

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
Check Out your 10-day Forecast 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:48 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
The day before you head off to your peacock bass destination, go to the nearest city listed and print out a 10-day forecast which includes rain possibilities. :cry: Then record the rain days/weather while you are there nearby fishing and let us know how accurate the forecast is.

Check it out! 8)

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
Rick Swain
Hello Larry,  I used to follow the forecasts very close when it was getting close to my trip but after doing this for severals trips now I realized one thing, you try the 10 day forecast for any city within a few hundred miles of Manaus and every day the forecast is the same,  89-95 high, 69-74 low, it shows sun, clouds, rain and lightning and 50-60 % chance of rain. nobody likes seeing all that rain in the forecsat as it usually means rising water but if you watch the interactive radar every day like I've been doing you can see exactly whats going on in that region. Since I'm leaving on the 23rd I always take a quick peak every night. This is what I've seen over the last week, remember 60% chance doesn't mean it's gonna rain 60% of the day, A half hour shower going through means their forecast was right for that day. I've seen mostly sunshine during the day over the last week, there "Has" been the daily small system hit somewhere around Manaus every day but doesn't seem to last more than the 3 hour update that we see, I've seen many days where the whole area up the Negro has had no rain from 6:00 am to 9:00pm except for a small system passing through, I see this as good news and probably explains why the Itapera is dropping fast, the Negro drops, the Branco has to drop as well, it's a simple domino effect. I'll keep watching and posting what I see, good posts about falling water helps me as it sort of confirm what I've been seeing. Hope the rest of Jan-Feb treats us well and the 20# fish stay hungry, Good luck to all, Rick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quote
Steve Townson
Rick,
This may be the same map as you have but for others, click onto this link for an updated radar weather map for N/W Brazil.
http://br.weather.com/maps/regioesdomundo/intlamericadosul/brasilnwsatlite_large_animated.html
Steve Townson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Rick Swain
Thanks Steve,  little differant look but same radar info.  today was actually the most rain I've seen in over a week, not to much to worry about yet, it's those back to back days of 24 hour systems that really hurt. I've got a question though, I like going into www.maplandia.com and roaming around the barcelos region, you can zoom right down to the sandbars, really cool.  But it's an older satallite image, is there any sites you know of ( even if it's extra money to join) that would get you current satallite images so you could see the water levels yourself, seeing the sandbars or lack of would give all the info that anyone would need, just don't know if government regulations would restrict how current the images would be, even if was within a week the info would be priceless, just don't know if there's anything currently available, thanks again, Rick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Steve Townson
Rick,
I have no idea about current images or 'real-live' images. Anyone out there know of any sites?
Steve Townson
Peacock Bass Country Weather Reports 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Water & Weather Conditions