PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Sufix Braided Line
Sufix Braided Line 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quote
William Alexander
Hello everybody:
Yesterday, I went to a fishing symposium here in Crystal River, Florida presented by two "professional"/ tournament anglers who used Sufix braided line during competition. Their word was that this line was the best on the market and far better than PowerPro & anything else available today - but that it does cost a bit more than other braided lines!
So, would like to hear what members have to say about this line and if it is worth using in Brazil for peacocks - advantages, disadvantages, etc., etc., if anyone has any experience with this product.
Many thanks
Bill Alexander
Crystal River, Florida
Sufix 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Gary Clark
Hi Bill!
I have used Sufix monos, but not their new braid. Would it work well for peacocks? I'm sure it would. Is it better than PowerPro? That would have to be proven to me! The same claim was made for Stren braid a few years ago. It was not!!! I suspect that the two pros were sponsored by Sufix. Over the years I have used virtually every braid on the market (with the exception of Sufix) and in my humble opinion, none of them are as good as PowerPro. Sufix??? Guess we'll see. PowerPro is certainly the standard against which all others are measured.
All the bass,
Gary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:41 am Reply with quote
Alan Zaremba
Gary,
I would have to ditto you on this one. Power Pro is one of the best if not the best. The new Sufix might be as good but it will be hard to stop using what has worked over the years successfully (not to mention I have 1500 yard spools of 20, 30, 50 and 65 pound test). I'll be back in Brazil in a few days and will have up to date reports on some different rivers (three trips over the next month). Off to fishing I go.
Tight lines,
Alan Z.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:44 am Reply with quote
William Alexander
Thanks for the feedback. I think I will stick to a proven leader and stay with PowerPro for my trip in December.
Bill Alexander
Sufix Braided Line 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle