PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Daiwa PT33SH
Daiwa PT33SH 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
I recently bought a used PT33SH reel on ebay that is different than any I have seen before. It has a larger spool and holds 200 yards of 12 lb. test and 165 yards of 14 lb. test. All the other models I have seen hold 130 yards of 12 lb. ans 110 yards of 14 lb. Just wondering if any of you have ever seen this particular version before. I contacted Southwestern Parts and Service here in Texas (a supper reel parts and repair shop) to see if they have ever seen one and their reply was no also. I have no idea when the reel was made and they did not either. It may have been some kind of limited edition but no one I have talked to has seen this larger version.

Every year I bring these reels with me and end up fishing with them the entire trip with the big top water lures. I have tried some of the other high speed reels and in my book these are the fastest around. The larger spool on this reel will make it even faster because the spool will have a much larger amount of line at the end of my cast. If anyone has one they want to get rid of please let me know.

Bobby Foster
Hey Bobby 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Rick Grover
I have probably 5-6 of that same reel, and you are right, they are great Peacock reels. I have switched to the Quantum PT Burner for the 11bb's that it has though. If you want some of the Diawa's let me know. Rick Grover.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
Rick, I sent you a private message last week from the site concerning these reels. Just checking to see if you received the message.

Bobby Foster
Daiwa PT33SH 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle