PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Spooks
Spooks 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
Has anyone tried the Zara Mag (7") or Super Mag (8") Spooks yet? Do they work and are they hard to walk?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
I held them in my hand last season and my opinion is they are way to big. They are huge especially the 8" version. It has always been my opinion that they should have made them about 6" long at the most. I would suggest that you see them in person before you order one, just my thoughts for what it's worth.

Bobby Foster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quote
Steve Townson
Gents,
HAve any of you tried out the Mega Bait surface Darter? It's like a giant spook, 2oz, but is only about 6" long. Dan from HooKmUP had a load for a while. Contact him and see if he has any left. For me they are the best big-fish 'spook' type bait around. They cast a mile and have the best, real exaggerated side to side action on any walking bait I ever used. They are so easy to use.
Steve Townson
Info Available via "Search" 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:13 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Rick and all others:

Don't forget our Forum's "search" capability. There's a lot of info on the spook in other past "threads" or posts. Just click on "Search" on the header bar at the top of the forum page.

You can then simply type in the word you want to search for, e.g. "Spook", and click the "search" box on that new page, and you will see every usage of the word in all past posts. Go through each post then by clicking on them to see what was said. That will take some back and forth effor to see everything but you'll get a lot of info from the exercise.

Just a reminder of a neat, helpful function of PBA's Peacock Bass Fishing Forum.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
Spooks 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle