PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » question re:jigs
question re:jigs 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quote
neal m brown
i fished the itapera a few weeks ago and i'll be on the pasimoni in mid feb. i live in the boston area and am used to fishing jigs for stripers. i tied up a bunch (27) of jigs that i thought would be good for the amazon. long(6-9") and multi bright colors (red and white, chartreuse and orange etc). i tied them on 1oz and 1/2oz jig heads. two problems. first, the 1oz was too heavy, although it worked in some of the deeper water using a fast retrieve. i gave everyone who was there a few to try. they generally loved them and they did very well but the hooks strightened out on the bigger fish. any recommendations on jig heads with extra strength? p.s. none of my stripoer buddies believe me that a 12 or 15 lb peacock could straighten out the 1/2oz jig hook let alone the 1oz..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Alan Zaremba
Hey Neal, you won't need as many jigs on the Pasimoni. Great Rip Roller river though! FishQuest has a better jig that shouldn't straighten out. Good luck! Alan Z.
question re:jigs 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle