PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Custom rods - Dink
Custom rods - Dink 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:42 am Reply with quote
Steve Townson
Guys,
I have to extend my thanks to Dink Alston on this forum for the fantastic baitcasting rod I received from him yesterday that he built for me. He has made it to my exact instructions and it has been finished beautifully. I will be putting in an order for a further 4 custom rods, each for different situations, with Dink in the New Year. I strongly suggest any of you to contact Dink directly and get that custom rod you've always wanted.
Dink, many thanks from another extremely satisfied customer.
Steve Townson
Contact Info 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Hi Steve,

Glad to hear of your enthusiam for the product of a member of our "Family". Like all of the PBA Supporting Members, Dink's contact information is in our World Peacock Bass Directory Contact List under "Goldrush Custom Rods". PBA members and non-members alike can visit our Contact List at http://www.peacockbassassociation.com/html/contact_dir_.html for all your tackle, product and service, and outfitting/agency needs.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:59 am Reply with quote
Dink Alston
For all you jig and banjo minnow fishermen, I've got a rod in the works that should be the answer for us.

As most of you probably already know by now, the only rods available in 3 pc spinning versions in 6'-6", (which is acknowledged by most to be the best length) stop at a medium action, medium power. This is okay when fishing in the open lagoons and areas without many laydowns and brush for cover. But when a big fish makes a run for the brush, its pretty hard, if not impossible to turn him before he reaches it with a rod of this power.

I am having some blanks made by CTS composites in New Zealand, that I feel will be the answer to fishing these lures. It will be 6'-6", 3 pc. and one power heavier than is now available. It will still have the light tip action needed for jig fishing, but a slightly heavier butt section to make turning those really big fish when necessary. It will also be of a very high modulus graphite and very light in hand.

I'm expecting delivery in 2-3 weeks, and hope to have one built up for testing soon thereafter. I will keep everyone informed on the progress.

Dink
Custom rods - Dink 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle