PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info » Brazil/River Plate Report 11/25/06
Brazil/River Plate Report 11/25/06 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:07 am Reply with quote
Alan Zaremba
Well, I'm still drying out and yes the water was rising everyday on the Unini. The topwater bite was not nearly as good as in October but we still caught some nice peacock bass. River Plate camp on the Unini River Fishing dates was November 18 to 24. Five full days of fishing with two half days. 438 peacock bass up to 17.5#. 50 over 10#. 7 anglers with 5 first timers! My personal best plug was a number 9 suspending gold Rapala. 10# test on a medium action spinning rod and a #20 Cabo reel. Yes, that is what I use a lot in South Florida and yes that was because the bite was acting much like it does in the winter in Florida. With all the cloud cover and rain the fish were acting cold (they most likely were). Camp conditions were good, food was good, the company was great! Looking forward to heading back at the end of December and will pray the rains stop.
Tight line's,
Alan Z.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
Alan, what is the length of the Rapala you mentioned in your post. I looked on line and could not find anything with a #9 in the name. I guess I should say what is the name of the lure it is sold under. Looks like you may be going back down on the same time with my group, we leave on December 28th. We will be there through Jan. 13th. If that is your date be sure and look me up at the airport, would like to meet you.

Bobby Foster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Alan Zaremba
Bobby,
We are going the day before and returning the day after as I think River Plate is staggering the trips because of the plane's. It was a small Husky Jerk bait. It worked well. Some of the other's were having succes with the Rapala X-Rap both small and big versions. Good luck to you! Alan Z.
Brazil/River Plate Report 11/25/06 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info