PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Media Event Announcements » Larry on Tv
Larry on Tv 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Sean Wood
PBA Moderator
I woke up this morning and turned on OLN to watch my Sunday morning fishing shows. I noticed they were fishing for peacock bass in South America. So after watching for a little time longer I noticed it was Larry Larsen fishing with Don Cutters outfit. Larry or Don when was this filmed, and did you know when they were going to air this? It appeared to me that this river was better for smaller peacocks and some different type of peacocks. But maybe not for the giants Is that a true statement?

Sean

Americana Outdoors TV Show 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Sean,

I didn't know when it would air, but it was the Americana Outdoors show with guest host Sam Heaton. It apparently aired on Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 9:00 am.

From their website (at http://ww2.olntv.com/tvlistings/test-DB.asp?so=AMERICANA%20OUTDO), I've learned the show, called "The Amazon", will rerun on Tuesday morning of this week (February 14, 2006) on the Outdoor Life network at 9:30 am. I hope to see it then.

Sam Heaton and I worked on that TV show in December on a trip that was extremely tough fishing in very high waters, and we fished both the Unini and Madeira watersheds (a few days on each). We had a day of mid-week travel and quite a bit of "down-time" in villages, etc. so I'm anxious to see what was aired. We had a lot of good footage, but no giants.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Dink Alston
I watched it yesterday, just happened upon it. My experiences last week were almost identical to what was on the show.

Dink
Larry on Tv 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Media Event Announcements