PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info » New fishing area visitied
New fishing area visitied 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Sean Wood
PBA Moderator
Fellow anglers,

I just returned from my lastest fun in the Brazilian sun. We decided on taking a gamble this year and head to a Laggon area in Brazil which I know that no other American has ever been.

The trip started out slow. Fishing the Rio Branco's many arms the first day to get the bugs out.

The next day we started out heading to some hidden Lagoons that required a little pushing, machette cutting, and alot of sweat.

It turned out that we were on track to have a great week of fishing.

The bigger fish were on the beds and just starting to wake up. One more week and we would have slaughtered the big ones. Instead we slaughtered the medium size fish from 7-12 lbs. But also, we found several other species of fish that we had never had the oppurtunity of catching. We caught 8 lb Arawanas, 6-7 lb black Piranahs, small payara's, 15- 17 lb catfish caught on a red and white Yozuri crank baits and the normal dog fish, and triedas.

If you base your trips upon the amount of big fish you caught then you would not of had fun on this trip. If the you base your trip upon the amount of adventure and new stuff you see on top of catching fish then you would of had a great trip. I got to sleep in the Jungle for two days (something I have always wanted to do) hooked a catfish that broke 90 lb braided line like dental floss. Catch a ton of fish. medium size fish in the 7-10 lb range that fought like the 18 lb version. I had a 12 lb peacock that I thought was going to break my pole.

Looking forward to the next one.

Sean Wood

New fishing area visitied 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info