PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » PBA News Information Board & PBA Forum Rules » PBA Forum Rules - Please Read
PBA Forum Rules - Please Read 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
PBA Forum Rules

The Peacock Bass Association exists to unify those interested in the peacock bass and promote the fishery and fishing. To minimize potential problems from spammers, miscommunications and to maintain a positive atmosphere among our Supporting and Individual Members and keep the Association moving in a positive direction, we have rules.

1. The PBA Forum is for PBA MEMBER POSTS ONLY. Participation in the PBA Forum is a Privilege of paid PBA membership. Supporting Members and Individual Members may post. We realize that several hundred of our paid members have not registered for our forum, and they are welcome to do so. Non-members of PBA may still review the posts, but they will not be able to post messages or reply to any. Only posts from current (paid up) PBA members in good standing will remain on the PBA forum. Others will be deleted. For those 10,000 site visitors per month who are not association members, we encourage you to participate in the our forum after you apply for membership in PBA at http://www.peacockbassassociation.com/html/individual_members.html Then, you can post messages and reply to everything on the PBA Forum.

2. The forum posts should be on PEACOCK BASS FISHING and not on ancillary aspects that negatively may impact the PBA membership. Moderators are charged with DELETING posts that are not on topic, those that are confrontational, those that imply or charge one of our members is doing something negative, or those pointed “question� type posts that should more appropriately be sent privately to specific persons or companies. The topics allowed are the fishing-theme topics. For posts of another nature and those of negative value, forum participants should use the other peacock bass forums on the web (where almost anything goes). PBA members that register for the Forum should use their first and last names and their email of PBA record so that PBA headquarters can immediately check their paid membership status for a quick forum registration approval (so that they may post). PBA has to "activate" all registrants of the forum so that they may post.

Member comments are always welcome.

Last edited by Larry Larsen on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:58 am; edited 5 times in total

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:15 am Reply with quote
Alan Zaremba
Larry,
When you first told me you were starting a new Forum I thought to myself that you were nuts. Why would you want to get caught up in all the rift raft. I have stayed away from the controversy for a number of reasons. I didn't like getting nasty letters or better yet numbers of nasty phone calls at home telling me I was going to get locked up down there in Brazil. As it turned out those calls and letters were all false anyway. I congratulate you on putting your foot down to stop it from getting out of hand for which I believe it was headed to. Maybe we can just talk about fishing and show beautiful pictures of my favorite fish "Peacocks".
Can someone tell me how to get the pictures on your site. I know it doesn't measure up to Brazil standards but a 9# Florida Peacock caught last Friday is a big one (my biggest here in Florida) for here and what a beautiful fish it is. I would love to post it up for everybody to see. Good luck and see you in Brazil!
Tight lines,
Alan Zaremba
New Forum Policy and Changes 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:39 am Reply with quote
Dan Stock
Hey Larry,

Glad to see you make some necessary changes. As others have commented, the reason we exist is because we at PBA wanted a better Forum than was available at that time. A Forum where we could discuss our problems and concerns about Peacock Bass Fishing. We love this sport, and don't want our Forum dragged into the quagmire that other forums have drowned in.

Thanks for continuing to be our leader as we strive to develop a stronger avenue for Peacock Bass Fishing questions and answers.

Dan Stock
HookMup WorldWide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Steve Townson
Well done, you guys.
I knew you had it in you!!! Now we will get only the more sensible tips and
ideas to share out between us more serious guys and not rambling, not-to-the point posts.
It's like a breath of fresh air.
Regards
Steve Townson.
PBA Forum Rules - Please Read 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » PBA News Information Board & PBA Forum Rules