PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Travel Planning & Research Information » La Zona and other golden dorado water level site
La Zona and other golden dorado water level site 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:53 am Reply with quote
Bob Daly
Having had to opportunity to fish at La Zona on the Uruguay River for monster golden dorado every year since the opening, I always have tried to get information on current water levels. On the www.prefecturanaval.gov.ar site you can click on the Estados de Los Rios tab to get current information on the Parana and Uruguay Rivers at various destinations. On the right side there is a hist graph where you can click and get daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly levels. For La Zona you would would scroll down to Concordia and get the level. In my opinion the top fishing would be a steady level in the 7 to 15 ft levels--the site is in meters. Also look at Salto Grande Arriba and Salto Grande Abajo. This is near the dam and hopefully the level is steady or dropping. Also scroll to Santo Tome and this is what you can expect in La Zona in a few days. Currently there have been lots of rain in Southern Brazil so the level at La Zona is currently on the high end. I have found this site to be very helpful and inform friends heading down to watch current levels and for those thinking for going there to check the yearly level to get an idea of what the waters were like last year. Possibly Larry might know if a site exists for top peacock bass waters? Good fishing, Bob Daly Cool
Water levels 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:54 am Reply with quote
Bob Daly
Forgot to mention in my previous post that the levels update twice per day normally around noon and midnight their time Cool
La Zona and other golden dorado water level site 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Travel Planning & Research Information