PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Fishing Lures
Fishing Lures 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Bob Daly
While on my recent trip to Maldives, I was able to purchase a few Rapala Mag30 in Luminescent UV and Wahoo UV colors. Found on-line that Rapala has introduced a Mag 40 and Super Shad Rap Magnum in Australia. None of the above mentioned lures are available here in the USA. I contacted a friend who owns a large fishing outlet. He contacted his USA Rapala rep and found out the company is organized into different and separate companies by various locations throughout the world, and unfortunately, they do not share products. So, guess will have to look for the above mentioned lures on ebay. Was very surprised of the findings of the Rapala companies. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
Fairly Common 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Bob,

This is often the case. Daiwa was selling lures for a long time overseas before they brought some of them to the states. When I was visiting Abu-Garcia in Sweden back in 1999, they had a huge assortment of lures that they sold all over Europe and sold NONE in the U.S. I am not sure they ever have sold any over here. They sure had some unique and productive spoons there that would surely work over here. I find companies that I know well in America having a different offering (both in product type and of course in model name/type) in the many foreign countries I have visited. Your favorite lure company here might have a great rod business in Australia or Russia, and your preferred rod company here might have a thriving lure business in South Africa.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
John Ducksbury
Bob, many of Rapalas lures also come in local colour ranges and with significantly upgraded hardware in Australia as well.
However, if you were to compare retail in Australia vs ordering from an American store plus upgraded hardware plus shipping you will see quickly that we still get seriously skinned on basically everything over here.
Of course, the beauty of online shopping means that all these products are readily available to you if you don't mind 1) paying Australian retail prices, 2) paying international shipping (which is also absurdly priced here) and 3) waiting for international shipping. Most guys I know who are serious tackle rats put a few significant orders through Japan and the US every year, myself included. I do try to support local businesses - but almost all the independent local stores have been replaced by major chain stores so local loyalty evaporates quickly!

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle