PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info » exceptionally low water
exceptionally low water 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:54 am Reply with quote
neal m brown
i've gotten word that the water conditions are already so low due to the el nino in the areas just northwest of manaus that fishing after the first of the year (dry season) will be virtually impossible. i'm holding off on booking.

any non outfitters have any reports?
Flexibility has some advantages 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Neal,

I am not sure that anyone can predict Amazon water levels 2 months out. A week or two in October (last month) were almost too low to easily navigate some Rio Negro areas. But rains then came and in mid-November when I was there, waters were not as low, nor did they impact the navigation or fishing.

As you may know, there are typical rains that occur in mid-December (There is a Indian name for it which I have forgotten) and I don't know if that will impact the levels but it often does. Obviously, if you are flexible enough to book at the last minute (2 or 3 weeks out) and can book then, you will have a "better idea" about what the water level might be. Still, I would not bet too much on anyone's prediction even 3 weeks out.

I'm not sure when (the month) El Nino will end, but that also impacts when the rains will start again. Most people have to plan ahead for their trips and "roll the dice". Lucky you for your flexibility advantage. Let us know what you decide to do.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
exceptionally low water 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info