PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Forum Catch-All » Fly Fishing Magazine
Fly Fishing Magazine 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Bob Daly
Larry: With a library of hundred and hundreds of article, books. etc on International freshwater game fish, I would like to correct a statement in this months newsletter. Mike Michalak states that the recent Fly Fisherman Magazine is the first dedicated cover to peacock bass by a fly fishing Magazine. Mr. Michalak should take a look at the March 1994 "Fly Fisherman" magazine as it contains an article by Garrett Vene Klasen entitled "Great Green Jungle "Bass", Chasing the Amazon's savage fish." Most likely this is the first dedicated peacock bass article in a fly fishing magazine. Cool Furthermore, there was a small booklet written by Larry Schoenborn in 2004 titled" Fly Fishing for Peacock Bass". So, I believe the fly fishing community has been informed of peacock bass longer than most believe!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:26 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Hopefully Mike will comment here. He and his "The Fly Shop" are relatively new to being immersed in the peacock bass Amazon operations and are very enthusiastic about the potential of fly fishing there. He is booking lots of trips to the jungle and with his marketing expertise, should be able to help spread the word about productive methods. I know he has had exposure to the peacock over the years but as I know so well, even the best media seldom reaches everyone that might have an interest in reading, watching or hearing of such a great experience.

Maybe he meant "... by a fly fishing magazine IN THE 21st CENTURY" Smile My book, Peacock Bass Addiction published in 1999 has a full chapter on fly fishing for peacock bass and a previous book, Peacock Bass & Other Fierce Exotics had several pages on fly fishing. Smile Smile I can't remember all the covers that I have shot or even been on, but I know none were showing fly outfits. My problem is an old age thing. Confused Confused

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
Fly Fishing Magazine 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Forum Catch-All