PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info » Just returned from head waters of Itapara
Just returned from head waters of Itapara 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Bron Rayburn
We had eight fisherman slightly concerned because the camp had no plans to move camp because of low water conditions. With the first two day being rainy and major overcast. I had very little success. Rod and Gun and River Plate management tried hard not to disappoint. Their efforts paid off. We covered a lot of water and found the fish. We had 745 fish 169 from 8 to 10 lbs. 132 fish over 10 lbs. with a 19lbs as the big fish of the trip. My personal catch having used big top water baits 97% of the time was. 22 fish over 10lbs. 1 @17 1@16 1@15 1@14 (2@13 with one of the 13 being a Pacca). 5@12 5@11 and 6@10. The fishing was outstanding but more important our overall Amazon experience was phenomenal. The wildlife and overall experience beat my first trip last Jan hands down.

1.The no seeum were not bad at all for some reason.
2.I was discouraged from using my yellow line because the water clarity was clearer than normal waters.
3. The K lure big top water bait, with out a doubt held up better than the long time traditional top water baits.
4. I have a big problem, I am hooked and need to find a way to support my addiction so my wife will be more understanding.
5. Rod and Gun and River Plate go the extra mile to meet and exceed our expectations.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Bron,

Congrats on a great trip. Nice of you to stick to topwater baits for fun action and join the "ADDICTED" CLUB. Most anglers do become addicted to the fishing after having that kind of success. Keep pluggin'

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
Just returned from head waters of Itapara 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info