PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Stevie Stinger Jigs head South to Africa
Stevie Stinger Jigs head South to Africa 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Steve Townson
Thought you guys who fish surf and deep blue water might find this interesting. This from a friend of a client who bought 500 jigs for his group of 16 to play with:

Hi Steve,
Well it’s been some time now since our absolutely fantastic trip on the River Negro celebrating Paul’s 50th. The fishing was slow and we worked hard for our fish, the water was high but our guides were very good.

Your jigs are the best man, I tell you. It took me about 2 sessions to get the action right and then I smoked the fish. You were right about your jigs, in fact the first day I used a black and white and that was my color for the rest of the trip. I had taken along with me all the way from South Africa two fishing bags of assorted lures (in dollar terms about $5000) and I never used a single one. I kid you not, I only used your jigs and only the one color and as it so happened I was awarded fisherman of the trip.

As you will recall Paul ordered 500 jigs from you. Well, at the end of the trip I scooped up the leftover jigs and brought them back with me to South Africa. It just so happened that it was my Dad’s 68th birthday on Nov 1st so I gave him a handful of your jigs from the bottom of my heart I might add.

Anyway, as is our tradition each year we all take our Christmas holidays at our place on the South Eastern Mozambique Coast called Zavora for deep sea fishing. Unfortunately I can only join the old man on the 22 December, but he packed up the boat and left on the 6th already, armed with a handful of Stevie Stinger Jigs.

He went out yesterday (the boat is a 18 ft Cat with 2 x 60 hp Yamaha 4 stroke specially designed for surf launch conditions (not for the faint hearted), and that’s the main reason why I am sending you this email. I called him this afternoon to hear if he had had any success with the jigs. The response I got was overwhelming. He was ecstatic and overcome with excitement. He said the very first cast after 2 cranks on the reel and bang fish on +/- a 12kg King Mackerel or as we call it Cuta. He says it was one fish after the other and the biggest was 18 kg, all on your jigs. Now if the weather holds tomorrow, he will start targeting other species like Travellies (GTs), or Kingfish as we call them here. I must say I can’t wait to get my ass down there. If you like I will keep you posted.

Thank you for a great quality product and speak soon.
Stevie Stinger Jigs head South to Africa 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle