PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Wacky Rig with Senko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
CVaught
I have not used the Senko worm, but I have tried other worm-like soft baits various ways and they lasted about 30 seconds before being bitten apart by something. I would guess Piranha but never caught anything to know for sure.

The only soft bait I have had any sort of success with was surprisingly the Banjo minnow. We used the bone colored and custom colored them with red on the belly and face. On one trip we caught some medium size peacocks with them when even jigs were not doing much. Granted this only was in certain circumstances where they were not hitting much as I actually don't like the lure retrieve at all. They also only lasted just a few casts before being destroyed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:13 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Love the Senko-type soft plastics rigged "whacky-style" for largemouth bass but I think Creighton is right on about the life expectancy due to piranhas. I also found the Banjo minnow effective when fished in high waters mid-lagoon to back away from river currents (so that you can minimize piranha bites). It is a very slow way of fishing but I did catch quite a few teeners and a couple of 20 pounders on them. When the fish are not active, you might try it and patience pays off here!

Last edited by Larry Larsen on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
Wacky Rig with Senko 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle