PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info » Casiquiare Watershed
Casiquiare Watershed 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:13 am Reply with quote
Bob Daly
Larry: With the possibility of a change in Venezuela government, any chance the Casiquiare watershed will be opened for Americans? If so, believe I will have to get my peacock equipment dusted off for a trip! Cool

Heard memeber Dan Hanon last week had a great trip with low water conditions around the Negro and landed a 20lbs on a jig plus a really big redtail. More when he returns and posts a reports! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Dan Hanon
Bob,

I would also like to fish there, but it doesn't look promising, even if Chavez dies. I guess it depends on his replacement. I understand FARC guerillas from Columbia also use that area, but don't know if they bother the local sport fisherman. I assume Venezuelan nationals and others are still fishing there.

If you are ever interested in a remove headwaters peacock trip, I have one planned with Ian. It's 10 days long and waaaaaay up a good river. The purpose is to locate 24-26 lb fish, and they are there. But will they play ball? Confused
Don't hold your breath 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Bob,

I too understand that the area is unsafe due to many of the Colombia bad guys (FARC and lots of drug guerillas) moving over there. I think that Venezuela citizens are still allowed to go there, but it is so dangerous for them that few do. I have also heard from Colombian residents that live just over the border, that claim many of the fish in those Venezuelan rivers/lagoons are being cleaned out by the new (hopefully temporary) residents.

I was just reminiscing this past week about several great trips to the Pasiba and Pasimoni rivers in the Venezuelan Amazonas state with a fishing buddy that also held it in high regard. It is unfortunate that the area's glory days may be just fond memories for most of us.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
Casiquiare Watershed 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info