PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Travel Planning & Research Information » First trip to Brazil and we almost blew it!
First trip to Brazil and we almost blew it! 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Headed down to fish on the Kalua Pesca over the Thanksgiving week, really looking forward to it. Found out yesterday that we needed to have Visas to get in! We have been all over central and south America and this was new to us. We sent everything into CIBTvisa today, do you guys think we will have any issues getting it all back in time?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
You should be OK on the visa. The reason you need one is that we require one from Brazilians visiting the US. It's petty ante, bureaucratic bullsh*t quite frankly.

I had my own close experience this year. My passport was set to expire 45 days after my return. I had been told that it should be OK initially, but within two weeks I began to hear more and more that TAM and Brazil would require at least 6 months on the document. Fortunately I live close enough to Miami that I could get it taken care of in one day. Since my Brazil visa was in the old passport, I had to carry both. Live and learn.
You should be OK 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Shawn,

I think you will not have a problem unless you left something out of the required stuff to submit. CIBT will do a great job for you. They should screen the materials and let you know quickly if there is anything missing. Most (not all) Brazilian consulates say they want 15 days to process your visa application but do it in 5 for the expediters.

As I told you in my email the other day, give a call when you can. And welcome aboard!

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
First trip to Brazil and we almost blew it! 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Travel Planning & Research Information