PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Destinations & Habitats » Fall season
Fall season 
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:07 am Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
Just thought it might be a good time to ask where everyone s going this year and if you've got any new tricks up your sleeve to try?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
Wow, no takers, huh?

OK, I'll answer my own question and maybe that will get the ball rolling. I am going with a group of four to the South Madeira, Igapo Acu region mid-September which is the earliest I've been down. Water levels seem to be more predictable that time of year than any other. We'll see.

As far as new tricks, I did as well with the Yozuri Trembler Minnow (105 size) last trip as the guys with jigs so I'll be taking a few more down in different colors. I also may try a rapidly worked River2Sea wide glide. I'm trying to get the action of it down in the lake out back. It's not easy to work fast.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Dan Hanon
Rick, I'm not planning on going down this season, but you never know!

As far as lures, I had very good success with the 155mm Sebile Stick Shadd in orange/black stripes at La Zona. Also the Rapala Glidin' Rap. My gut feeling is that erratically worked glide baits are underutilized on peacocks. I also want to use the 5" Sebile Magic Swimer soft and 6" Zoom Fluke.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
Hi Dan:

Interesting that you would mention the flukes. I use them all the time for bass and can really make them dance with an erratic action. I don't see why they wouldn't work. I do know that the banjo minnow works in clear water conditions. That's just a variation on the fluke in my opinion. The two things I hear about plastics in general: 1) the toothy critters tear 'em up quickly; and 2) they weigh an awful lot so bringing a good supply can be tricky.

I'm open if anyone has tried them with any success....
Fall season 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Destinations & Habitats