PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info » Unique Colored Peacock Bass from the Rio Madeira
Unique Colored Peacock Bass from the Rio Madeira 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
William A. Skibicki Jr.
In Sept. of 2011 on a lake off the Rio Madeira, I caught a 21 lb. peacock that was black on top and very dark green on it's sides w/o any bars and barely visible black gill markings. The belly and lower jaw were white with green side fins and red lower fins. It also had the eye, red on the lower portion of the tail, and only a very small amt. of orange on it's lower gills. I haven't seen another picture or heard of another similarly colored male peacock bass being caught by anyone - post me if you have caught a similar fish, or know of one being caught, and where. Thanks - Bill Skibicki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
got a picture you can share?
Got a Picture you can share? 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
William A. Skibicki Jr.
The only two pictures that were taken by my fishing partner, were taken with a Fuji throwaway camera. I'll get some dups made and send them to Larry Larsen so that maybe he can scan them to his computer and then post the pictures for you and other interested anglers to see. Just sent the only extra prints I had to Ron Kelly in Texas, so that he can make me a fiberglass reproduction of that fish. I also caught a 13 lb'er in the same lake with a green coloration, only it was a lighter green and had one visible but faint, vertical black band with no black on top.
Unique Colored Peacock Bass from the Rio Madeira 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info