|Joined: 17 Jan 2011|
|Location: United States||
|Purchased two of these for my Nov 2011 trip.
- Can be used as 5W walkie-talkies
- 5 MP Camera (that will geo-tag your photos)
- With large 32 GB mini SD card, it can hold 1,000s of photos.
- You can download satellite images of your area and see your path along the river. You can tag good fishing holes and name them (and even send them to another device in range). You can see where other device is on map when it is in contact with you.
- Waterproof and charges overnight.
- Range is limited due to jungle trees ... about 2 miles. That was disappointing.
- Expensive if you want the camera (only comes on the 655t). No flash on the camera.
- Supplemental Amazon river map downloads were not working properly and Garmin is still working on solution (but you don't need them if you download the satellite pictures instead).
Not totally satisfied, but I am glad I got them.
Here is photo of device with the satellite map up with my boat's route on it:
Here is an actual picture using the 5MP camera: