PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Travel Planning & Research Information » Yellow Fever?
Yellow Fever? 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:08 am Reply with quote
Bron Rayburn
It seems to me after alot of asking around the majority of fisherman going to Brazil fishing do not get the Yellow Fever Vact. I have somewhat of a fear of vaccinations in general. After all there has only been one case that I have found of Yellow Fever. Any thoughts on the subject?
Yellow Fever 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Bob Daly
Do not believe it is a requirement for entry. However this can always change. I received the shot a few years ago, but fished in the Amazon for over 20 years without it and never had a problem.
Last year before heading to Tanzania I got a Typhoid shot and got a bad headache for about a month!
I would check with your outfitter for his opinion and ask if there has been any indication of Yellow Fever in the area you are planning on fishing.
Best of luck, Bob Daly Cool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Dan Hanon
If memory serves me right, a Yellow Fever card is not required to enter Brazil unless you have previously visited a country with known yellow fever. There should be a list of these countries on the World Health Organization website. Your regional Brazilian consulate office can also answer this.

I got my vaccination just to be safe. Also, I hope to travel to equatorial Africa eventually; I wouldn't think twice about not getting it if going there!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Dan Hanon
The Brazilian Consulate in Chicago's website states that the Yellow Card is RECOMMENDED if you travel to certain countries within 90 days of entering Brazil. So, it isn't mandatory.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I was advised I need another TYPHOID shot this year. Is everyone getting these? I believe they have the "oral" version available in addition to the shot. Also, debating taking malaria pills this year as most don't take them?
Yellow Fever? 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Travel Planning & Research Information