PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Line and Knot Review Site - It's great!
Line and Knot Review Site - It's great! 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Art Weston
I found this during my search for braided line reviews and it is the most comprehensive site I have seen on this topic.

http://www.pcwi.com.au/fishing/index.htm

I also joined their forums and asked a few questions regarding peacock bass line and knot recommendations ... the feedback by Paulus himself was quick and detailed!

http://www.pcwi.com.au/fishing/Forum.htm

He also sells braid that might serve this community well ... here are some of the highlights of his braid:

The All White, is a stronger line so you can fish thinner with better knots
Fishing Deep, this requires a very strong thin line, that creates very little drag in the water when trying to fish out the back of the boat.
Electric Reel Fishing, as some these reels do not hold a lot of line, you need a thin very strong line, to get the max out or this style of fishing.
Casting capabilities, thinner lines cast further and still be able to hold that fish.
Amount of line on the Spool, line holding capabilities is critical factor, with these lines you will get on just a little more.
Bigger Fish on smaller reels, providing the reel has the drag capability, and your knots are in order, you will have the fish.
All lines are pretested for abs, All these braids have had their abs tested, to allow you to fish to the lines best ability.

I have a follow-up question about how to buy his braid and I will pass than on when I find out.

Take a look at all the line and knot reviews!

-Art
Line and Knot Review Site - It's great! 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle