PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info » Fishing Report - Week of Nov. 13
Fishing Report - Week of Nov. 13 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
The 9 anglers aboard the Capt. Peacock yacht caught 778 peacocks with 25 over 10 pounds during the week of Nov. 13-20. I was fortunate enough to catch the only 20-pounder that week (lure and hook details and photo of the big guy at http://www.peacockbassassociation.com/html/larry_peacock_bass_log.html ). On that day, my partner and I took 9 double digit fish including his 19 pounder. Top lures for most big fish were Pavon Prop and other tail spinner surface plugs and best for big number catches were jigs. One boat caught 120 peacocks one day up to 12 pounds, mostly on jigs. On another day, one boat took 67 butterfly and small "paca" peacocks up to 3 pounds on jigs exclusively. A water level report is posted under category "Fishing Water & Weather Conditions".

I spoke with several other anglers aboard the international flights and at the hotel and most, with other operations, had very similar results in terms of number of 20's, fish over 10 pounds and in numbers per angler. Boat traffic had picked up on several tributaries and the main Rio Negro.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
Fishing Report - Week of Nov. 13 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info