PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Media Event Announcements » Giant Sloths in Brazil?
Giant Sloths in Brazil? 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
A question from Mark Anderson: "Did anyone watch the show this weekend, I think it was on Nat Geo, about possible sightings and/or myths about Giant Sloths in Brazil?"

Anyone see it or can comment on them?

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Here is the info on the Nat Geo show that repeats on 3/18

Nightmare of the Amazon
Remind Me Friday March 18 10P Friday March 18 9P Friday March 18 8P Friday March 18 10P Friday March 18 9P Friday March 18 7P

Back to Series Overview
Video
Photos
Facts
Deep in the Brazilian Amazon lurk tales of a massive one-eyed monster. With slashing claws, savage howl, noxious stench and a gaping mouth in its body, the locals tremble to repeat its name: mapinguari. To gather concrete information on the creature, Spain must gain the confidence of the local tribes. He takes part in an extreme initiation ritual: wearing gloves lined with venomous bullet ants. The insects' stings send Pat into a hallucinatory world of pain

Read more: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/beast-hunter/5107/Overview#ixzz1Fwcw4yx0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Dan Hanon
Nat. Geo. lost it's credibility years ago. Many of their t.v. shows feature "monsters", ghosts and other stupid stuff that isn't based on reality because thats the junk people like. A similiar show is "River Monsters" featuring Jeremy Wade, although that runs on Animal Planet, not Nat. Geo. I actually do like that show, but the monster premise is dumb.

There might be a giant sloth in the Amazon, and I'm sure there are many local Indian legends about fearsome monster creatures perhaps relating to such an animal. I'll probably enjoy watching the show, I just have to filter out the sensationalism.

Dan
Giant Sloths in Brazil? 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Media Event Announcements