|Joined: 09 Dec 2005|
|Location: Belle Glade, FL||
|As many of you know I am a rodbuilder, and specialize in peacock rods. I have what I think is a pretty good lineup of peacock rods, not available anywhere else.
In the interest of always improving, I am asking you guys who have fished peacocks to give me your opinions on what you would want/build for yourself as the perfect rod/s to fit the various lure presentations we have talked about before.
Consider these criteria......
2. Multi piece or not
3. Grip Materials (cork, EVA foam, or carbon tube)
4. Grip lengths, rear grip and foregrips
5. Grip styles (oversize, split grips, large buttcaps, etc.
6. Guides. (standard grade, or SIC, Stainless or Titanium Frames)
7. Spinning or casting
8. Reel seats and hardware
9. Quality of components (as in meaning absolute best high cost, or basic that will do the job)
10. Rod blank power for a given technique.
In my mind we' re talking about the following rods:
Woodchopper, prop bait rod
Spook, walking bait rod
Personally I carry a different rod for each of these presentations......what say you..