PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Water & Weather Conditions » Fishing season starts
Fishing season starts 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Sean Wood
PBA Moderator
With next years fishing season in front of us I have a question. I was wondering if there are any plans on changing the schedules for next season? Since it seems that is dry when it is supposed to rain and rains when it is supposed to be dry.
Sean

Schedule planning impacts 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:58 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Sean and others,

One of the things that may affect Amazon tour schedules is that Delta may be adjusting its Atlanta/Manaus schedule again. We have met with Delta officials a couple of times and have expressed our Supporting Members needs to them. I've been told that they will be taking our comments very seriously during their late summer and fall planning. TAM continues to say that they might make a change to their Miami/Manaus schedule.

Some of the outfitters will be offering 4-fishing day and 5-fishing day options this next season instead of the more common 6 1/2 fishing days schedule (9 day overall itinerary). Check out the monthly PBA eZine/newsletter for more comprenhensive details as they develop and of course, our PBA Forum. We will continue to keep our eye on what's happening and report asap.

Relative to your comments, I am suggesting that it would be wise to schedule a fall trip when there are more options available for change of location, rather than wait to plan a trip in the winter only. In the fall, some operators fish two major river systems (Madeira and Negro) and one may have good water levels while the other is still flooding. In the event that a fall trip get rescheduled (because of high water) then, you might only have to wait another two months for lower water. Having a February trip postphoned however will have you waiting about 7 or 8 months perhaps.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
Fishing season starts 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Water & Weather Conditions