PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info » TRIP REPORT RIO NEGRO
TRIP REPORT RIO NEGRO 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Wilson Cox
Just returned couple of hours ago. Had an outstanding trip on the Rio Negro fishing from the Blackwater Explorer.

13 Anglers
2840 Peacock Bass caught
77 Peacocks 10 lbs. or better
1 x 20 lb.,1 x21 lb. 21 was caught by yours truly. My first in 17 trips. The 20 was caught by a first time Peacock angler. Several first timers on the boat. Most all were enthusiastic about coming back.

We never left the Rio Negro or it's channels. Traveled upstream for four days , then downstream back to Barcelos for two days. Weather was great . Very little rain actually fell on us, but lots of scattered storms in the area. Several other boats did same. Was also down fishing last month. Fished the Caures. Much more water in that river now than then. Flew over Caures, Unini, etc. coming & going.

Water level at the bottom of the steps in Barcelos. Don't know what weather holds for the future but October & November were productive for me & other anglers I have talked with.
Many thanks to Acute Angling , Norberto, and entire staff & crew on the Blackwater Explorer. Outstanding job. Glad I ignored the "expert" advice I received during my trip last month to not even bother to come down for my trip last week.

Good luck to all on future trips.
Wilson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
John Ducksbury
Great news and congratulations on finally nailing your Grande.
It's just starting to sink in just how close mine was, and starting to hurt a little bit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:53 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Wilson,

Congrats on your first 20-pounder. I am sure that it won't be the last! Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for the report.

Yeah, a first-timer often catches the biggest of the week. But then, he/she may be spoiled on following trips. You worked hard for yours and it should come easier now.

What did you catch your big fish on? Topwater plug, jig, trolled fly or other?

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
Rio Negro Trip 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Wilson Cox
Big fish caught on 5.5 inch Marine Sports Minnow Bait. Larry, didn't you have a recent Amazon trip ? Anything to report ?
See Larry's Log 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
I posted a brief report (and photo) of my big fish, location and the water levels from the recent trip on the PBA website under Larry's Peacock Bass Log ... as I always do after returning. I usually leave up one report when I post a new one each time, so that my big fish and some details are there for the last two trips. Didn't get a monster this time. The log's details are updated after each and every trip. As you may see, it was my 59th trip to Brazil and 84th trip after peacock bass. I still learn something every trip.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
TRIP REPORT RIO NEGRO 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info