PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Travel Planning & Research Information » Passport Pages
Passport Pages 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote
Bob Daly
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/11/20/no-more-passport-page-inserts-for-frequent-travelers/

According to Fox News--see link above, beginning on Jan 1st passport page insets for frequent travelers will no long be available. A new passport of either 28 or 52 pages will have to be purchased for $110 should you not have sufficient pages remaining. Evil or Very Mad
From our July 2015 Issue eZine 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Bob,

Don't forget, we broke this news in our July 2015 Issue of "The World of Peacock Bass" eZine, which I know you get. (:-)) For those non-members who may want a little more on the options, here is our article:

U.S. Passport Changes May Affect You - The State Department just issued a new rule effective January 1, 2016 which may affect some of our members with passport pages that are filling up fast. Most U.S. passport seekers apply for the standard 28-page tourist passport. It is valid for 10 years but travelers may find 2 or 3 international trips per year with errant customs entry and exit stamping may fill most of the pages. The rule of thumb of most countries is that when entering their country, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after you enter and you must have at least two blank pages in your passport. In the past, if you didn’t have the 2 blank pages, you could always apply to the State Department to add new blank pages to your standard passport before your trip. With the new rule effective in January 2016, you will no longer be able to add pages to your passport. So the only option available at that time is to get a new passport altogether. There is a remedy though for those going after a new or renewed passport soon however, and that is to request what used to be called a “commercial? passport. This super size passport is 52 pages instead of the standard 28 and cost the same as the smaller one when applying. Editor’s Note: Fortunately, I’ve been carrying the larger ones for 25 years or so and even though I travel a lot, I can usually get 10 years out of my super size passports. Very Happy

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
Passport Pages 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Travel Planning & Research Information