PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Fluoro Leaders
Fluoro Leaders 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Steve Townson
I know that many of you will say that PBs are not really line shy, no matter what the diameter your reel line is, but after years of not having ever thought about it much, over the last two year I have used fluoro leaders for my lure fishing, and believe me, I have done plenty all over the Amazon and in many different situations.
A friend and colleague sent me some to try in various lb strengths of looped wind-on leaders, and I have to say, I was stunned by the results. The amount of extra hook-ups I had (without that last second decision on striking from the fish) and also of course with the terrain that I have been fishing in, how the fluoro held up against rocks and sharp trees, branches etc. I have been very impressed.
I now use a loop in my braid tied to the built-in loop of the leader and with a strong clip at the business end, I am now good to go.
As we are extending our Amazon-Angler series of rods, reels, tackle, gear and lures, we will now also be stocking our new Hell Caster Razor Gang Fluoro leaders. I truly believe that with the lack of knots and a nearly 100% straight link to the leader and lure, we will all catch the more wary fish that we would otherwise miss out on.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.townson.35/posts/10153854739537468

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:15 pm Reply with quote
John Ducksbury
Honestly, this stands to reason for me. I wouldn't fish without fluro in any lure fishing application at home. (With the exception occasionally using regular mono when I want a floating leader)
One thing I am annoyed at myself for is being talked out of bringing some fluro last year.
I obviously can't comment on bite rates over but I know I lost fish from line rubbing within two feet (based on length of my double) of the lure several times. Good fluro is way more abrasion resistant than any doubled braid, and it would be worth it for that alone...
I'll have to suss out the wind on stuff when I see you.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:40 am Reply with quote
Steve Townson
Ready to go John:

http://www.amazon-angler.com/shop/4587275756/razor-gang-fluoro-leaders-%E2%80%93-1.5m-long-50lb-40lb-30lb-five-in-a-pack/9754957
Fluoro Leaders 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle