PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Media Event Announcements » Blood Thirsty South American Fish - Beware!
Blood Thirsty South American Fish - Beware! 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
I received an email about Jeremy Wade's River Monster Show on the golden dorado being on TV last night ... so I taped it. I find his shows, which often visit South America interesting. My friend watched the episode entitled, "Blood Thirsty River Monsters". He wanted to hear about Jeremy's "story on how the fish were killing people". I did too. Jeremy usually weaves a good story such as, in this episode, claiming to "have to go through a caiman-infested swamp in his search for the fearless and blood-thirsty fish" and "have traveled over 1,000 miles tracking down the river tigers".

And here, I thought that my trips after the fish were relatively safe and that the golden dorado was just another great fighting and fun exotic warm water species. I seem to recall that I took commercial airline flights to within an hour's drive of my fishing - not several hours boat ride through precarious snag infested waters where huge caiman longer than our boat could explode beneath and destroy it with the swipe of their tail. With such dangers above and below the waters, I'll have to be more aware and cautious on my next trip there. :-) :-)

I'm sure they will rerun the River Monster episode on the Animal Planet channel if our readers want to view it.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote
Steve Townson
http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/river-monsters/videos/best-moments-season-6.htm#mkcpgn=fbapl14

Please excuse me while I silenty gag .............
The River Monster guys contacted me a couple of years ago to ask me about the Dorado! Can it kill people, they asked. Only if it bit you when you take out the hook I replied! Gimme a break! Seriously? They also asked me about the Freshwater Amazonian Dolphin and if they have killed anyone ........... I give up.
Blood Thirsty South American Fish - Beware! 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Media Event Announcements