PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info » Sept 10-16
Sept 10-16 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
Just got back last night from the Matipuri / Igapu Acu region. Most of the time was on the river with just the last day in the lake. The water levels in the lake are still too high.

In the river, water was higher than optimal, but falling about 3-4 inches a day. Our group of four caught 996 peacocks over 6 days, or 166 avg. per boat per day. However, we only had 6 fish 10 lbs or better, with the two biggest fish at 14 and 15. In addition to the teeners, what was missing were the abundant numbers of 7-8-9 lb fish that we saw last year. Best day for me was when we boated 205 fish including two 10's and a 13. We had 70 fish in the boat before 7:30 AM.

Top lures were jigs (red/white or red/yellow) and the Sebile Stick Shadd in various colors. Choppers could catch fish, but you could watch your partner catch 30 fish to your one. When you found fish, they were in good numbers and highly aggressive. Points with bushy shrubs and a few big trees seem to be best.

Good luck on the rest of the season. I look forward to reading other's fishing reports.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
Steve Townson
Hi Rick,
Normally the Matupiri/Igapo Acu/Tupana areas are only good to go from about last week September through to end November.
They get fished hard every year and my choice would have to be the first 3-4 weeks into the season, not too early and not too late.
After that they've been hammered. It's a small fishery with smaller lagoons than up North and like any fishery, fish wise-up quickly.
Sept 10-16 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Field Reports & Fish Info