PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » High Rollers vs. Pavon Props
High Rollers vs. Pavon Props 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:34 am Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
Anyone have a preference? If you like the Pavon Props, is there a color you like since they have a few that are different than the High Rollers? Also, does it make sense to carry a couple smaller sizes of either?

Just took inventory for a Fall trip and will need to fill in a few gaps.
Prop Baits 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Bob Daly
One of the best prop baits I have found is the TNT which I bought in ARgentina for golden dorado. Hands down outfished the other brands by a wide margin. Someday when I get back into peacocks will make sure to toss the TNT and am sure they will explode on it. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
I've looked on line for info and virtually nada. Any idea on where to shop/order?
6- or 7-inch Fire Tigers 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:11 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Rick,

I was just asked this question by someone else last week. My response to their email: I like both the 6" and the 7" long Pavon Prop lures in the following 3 colors: Fire Tiger, Tequila and Red/White. That said, their Fire Tiger is my favorite and most productive for me. Many of my 20-pounders taken in the last 6 years or so have came on that color PP. I think the 6-inch version is the smallest of their line that you need to toss. It catches fish that range from about three pounds up to over 25!

You can order them from some of our Supporting Members in the PBA Products & Services section of our online Directory (http://www.peacockbassassociation.com/html/products_dir.html) or direct from Caribe Lures which is one of our long time Supporting Members.

Caribe Lures, Charles Hammontree, 607 shady drive, Chattanooga, TN 37412; Phone: 423-894-3231; e_mail: sales@caribelures.com; Website: www.caribelures.com

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
TNT lures 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Bob Daly
The TNT lures are made by Marine Sports but not sure how to get them. Saw on another site that a guy from Columbia was selling them. I bought mine from La Zona Lodge 2 years ago and they are out and cannot get any. Might ask Luis Brown if he is selling them.
As Dan mentioned Kermett Adams makes great prop lures and can make a similar model as the TNT. I tried it out this past year at La Zona and it works well. However you would have to contact him to see if he will custom make them for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
Thanks Larry, Bob and Dan for the advice! That helps. Now I just need to get fishin' for em'....only 3 months to go! I don't even have the Florida largemouths for consolation. I just shut it down for the next 60-90 days. Just not worth it in this heat. Took some really nice fish this year though up to 9.25 lbs. so it's all good.

Anyone else going down in the beginning of November?
High Rollers vs. Pavon Props 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle