PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Forum Catch-All » New Potential World Record Peacock Application
New Potential World Record Peacock Application 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
I was informed last night that IGFA received an application for a new world record peacock bass (cichla temensis) yesterday afternoon (Dec. 21) from a Brazilian angler. The fish was a little over 29 pounds, according to the documents. We will have further details on the fish and the certification process/status in the next eZine.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Dan Hanon
I have a picture of the fish, but I don't know how to post it to this forum.

Dan
I saw that pic, have a question 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Rick Swain
Obviuosly it's a huge fish and I don't doubt the weight for a moment but if you notice in the pic the person holding the fish is is completely soaked like he just got out of the water. Did someone go diving for the fish ? maybe it was hung up on some timber ? Doesn't the fish have to be landed in the boat by the fisherman, I'd be curiuos of the whole story after seeing the pic. I've read IGFA rules and I wouldn't think a fish carted to the boat by a diving guide would qualify as a record catch, curious of everyones thoughts here ! Merry Christmas everyone !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Dan Hanon
For World Record Certification, the fish has to be weighed on dry land. As long as the fish is hooked in the mouth, not snagged elsewhere, it is a legal catch, whether the angler is standing in a boat, water or land.

I don't know any details of this catch, but it is a beauty. I do know that the fish wasn't released, I always hate to see such a beautiful animal die, even for a world record. I'm the kind of person who tries not to deep hook a bluegill!

Dan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:59 am Reply with quote
Bob Daly
I made a post on this news early on this forum around the 6th of Dec. I heard that there are lots of questions regarding the scale the fish was weighed on and rumors the exact scale was not submitted. Let's hope everything on this is on the up and up! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Dan Hanon
If certified, this will be a very hard record to surplant. We've all heard "rumors" of 30+ pound fish caught or netted. Bob, I guess one of us better catch a 30 lber to put an end to this!

Dan
Picture of Fish 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:22 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Dan,

To put up a picture on this forum, it has to be in existence already on a website (somewhere on the Internet at one of the photo placement sites or other websites such as www.peacockbassassociation.com). To place the image on our PBA Forum, you should type your message (post) first but do not submit yet. Then open a new Browsing Window and go to the place where the image exists already, right click on it with your mouse and then click on "properties". Then go down to the properties (image) address (URL) and copy it. Then go back to your forum posting on the first Browsing Window, go to the end of the message and click on the "Img" button. Then add the image URL and then click again on the "Img" button. That should put the specific image on your post.

Now, here is one image of the potential record that I have seen. We have a better one in the upcoming February PBA eZine.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
New Potential World Record Peacock Application 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Forum Catch-All