PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Peacock Bass 7X Wide Gap Trebles Now Available
Peacock Bass 7X Wide Gap Trebles Now Available 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
The new Daiichi Peacock Bass 7X Bleeding Bait treble hooks designed for peacock bass and other super strong fish are now in stock at PBA Supporting Members, Lure Parts Online and direct from Daiichi. “We offer them in sizes 1/0 thru 4/0 all in packs of 5 each,� Andrew Taylor of Lure Parts Online told me. “They can be ordered from our online catalog at http://lurepartsonline.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2737, or you can call the toll-free order number at 800-546-8922. These great Peacock Bass hooks are also available from Daiichi direct. You can find the 7X #D98Q Treble, Wide Gap Bleeding Bait Finish hooks that are “ridiculously strong for Peacock Bass� in the TTI online catalog at http://ttiblakemore.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=123&products_id=659.

I hope to have the lists of tackle distributors and additional PBA Supporting Member retailers that carry the new super hooks available in upcoming eZines and in postings on the PBA Forum. Do they work? Take a look at the photo on my log at the PBA website for details (http://www.peacockbassassociation.com/html/larry_peacock_bass_log.html) the hooks were responsible for the largest peacock bass taken aboard the Capt. Peacock yacht during a week in mid-November.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Dan Stock
Hi Larry and fellow members,

Our inventory has arrived and is available for immediate shipment:
http://www.hookmupworldwide.com/site/456404/product/DAII244-14104

Available in 2/0, 3/0, & 4/0.
We have packaged these in '3-packs' as a beginning.

Other quantities would be entertained.
Get them at 3 dealers now! 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Great news Dan. That's 3 places to get them now and growing. These 2011 hooks arrived at dealers a little late for our fall season but not too late for the winter season. I know many experienced peacock bass anglers are ordering the new treble hooks in substantial quanities to modify their preferred tackle for the double digit fish (and while on the water, have a tackle box compartment full of replacement trebles for other lures). I do hope that all those anglers going after big peaocks, especially those that don't yet understand the importance of strong hooks, will just try them once; they will become easily addicted to the 7X wide gap Daiichi hooks just like they are or will be to the greatest fish on earth!

I feel it is impossible for any fish to straighten (or bend the point outward noticeably) one of these hooks. I've seen big peacock easily straighten a 4X and even bend the point some of an ocassional 6X strong treble. Again, I normally change out only the front and center hooks on a big 3-hook topwater tail spinner plug. Slightly smaller submergent 2-hook plugs get one or two of the 7X hooks depending on plug length, shape and action. The front hook on almost any lure is the most important by far. Good luck to all that try these hooks. You'll thank me after your first monster.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com
Peacock Bass 7X Wide Gap Trebles Now Available 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle