PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Water & Weather Conditions » water levels
water levels 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:42 am Reply with quote
neal m brown
i'm headed to the agua boa on friday the 12th. neither river plate nor agua boa lodge has posted anythin on water levels for a few weeks. if anyone has any current(last 10 days or so) information, i'd be appreiative.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:40 am Reply with quote
Dink Alston
Neal,

The info I'm getting from my sources in Brazil are telling me as of last week the Rio Negro was at it's lowest level "ever" for this time of the year. Pictures I've seen of the Negro in Manaus show the water's edge hundreds of yards out from where it should normally be.

Contrary to what we're normally worried about (high water) the bugaboo this season at this time is super low water like last season. They need some rain in the right places........

Dink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
AndrewTaylor
I'm heading down the 27th. Low water isn't ideal, but it is MUCH better than high water. Every year water levels are getting more and more uncertain. Makes it hard to plan a trip down.

Rio Negro report Nov. 20 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
No need to worry about low water right now. The water levels are mostly very good in the main river and most tributaries. A few however are high and most are rising. The main river above Barcelos rose about 3 feet this past week but it is still below the treeline most places. I understand that the Cuini rose about 6 feet in the same period and a Rio Branco tributary is very high in the upper portion of the river. Supplies up in Santa Isabel are reported to be low due to the extreme low water conditions around Manaus (which inhibits the supply barges from moving up the Rio Negro). Last week, it rained most of one day and was very spotty on a couple of others just above Barcelos.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
neal m brown
i fished the agua boa from nov 13 through nov 17. i had to leave early due to a family emergency so i didn't fish the last 2 days. the water was high and rising when i got there and was nonfishable by the time i left. but that was as of last wednesday.
water levels 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Water & Weather Conditions