PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Destinations & Habitats » Where's everybody going this season?
Where's everybody going this season? 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quote
Dink Alston
With all the changes that have went on in Brazil since last season concerning operations, new and old, who have you guys decided to go with.

Dink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:27 am Reply with quote
neal m brown
i guess i'm not up on things, but what changes?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Dan Hanon
I'm not going until fall/winter 2011 since I went this past February. Like Neal, I would like to know what significant changes have occurred in the Amazon fishing industry. Are there less operators now?

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:03 am Reply with quote
Dink Alston
There are a number of new operations this season, plus some that have changed hands, and one I know has closed down. It probably wouldn't be prudent to list them here as it wouldn't be fair to the supporting members.

I guess another question would be........how many of you are still planning to go peacock fishing and how many have put it off this season, probably due to the economy? Last year was a record year for Goldrush Rods. I sold more peacock rods last year than any other. I have noticed the peacock rod orders are lagging behind this year compared to last. Of course that could change as some people are just now signing up for their trips.

Dink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Bob Daly
I am taking the year off from peacock bass after fishing other than cancellations 21 yrs. However am going to Alaska this Friday for salmon, Tanzania in October for tigerfish and back to La Zona in April for dorado. Will also do some walleye fishing in Wisconsin and hope to get back to Vencie, LA for bull reds. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:19 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
I'll be down in the Amazon in November for a week aboard the Captain Peacock yacht and have to schedule another trip or two for later.

Regarding changes in the industry, most have been news items in our previous PBA monthly eZines, "The World of Peacock Bass." A few operations/agents going out of business are not members of PBA. The September issue of the PBA eZine (out in a day or so) also has another change announced. Members should always keep monitoring the eZines and special "flash news" email news sent to members for the very latest in what is going on in our industry. Personnel and ownership changes, new companies or new PBA members wanting to market to US and international anglers, and other news that affects the peacock bass "scene" are found in most issues.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote
AndrewTaylor
I'm going in November for 2 weeks. As I do my own thing, outfitter changes don't affect me. Depending on how many I have going down with me, I lease an appropriate size boat and we choose our location depending on water levels and what the group wants to do. A lot cheaper and less chance of a high water level fiasco. My last trip to the Agua Boa (lower) was our best ever! Hopefully we'll do some "exploring" this trip and find some virgin water. I want to find some peacock that still want to slam a woodchopper!! We plan of flying in and out of Barcelos this time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Dan Hanon
Dink,

Are you going down this year? I'm going to La Zona in the spring and hopefully back to the Amazon for the 2011 winter.
Where's everybody going this season? 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Destinations & Habitats