PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Forum Catch-All » Agua Boa
Agua Boa 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Bob Daly
While fishing at Itapara last week, one of the Brazilian guests mentioned to me that he fished the Agua Boa last year. He claims the Brazilian fishermen were allowed to fish with regular lures, not being restricted to fly fishing only. He stayed on the lodge's houseboat.

Has anyone fished the Agua Boa lately and know of any policy change?

I would love to fish the Agua Boa again as it is my favorite river for peacocks Cool

Good fishing Bob Daly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote
Rick Grover
Same here Bob. Agua Boa is awesome. Rick G.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:14 am Reply with quote
AndrewTaylor
I fished the agua boa (lower section, near mouth of Branco) a couple of years ago and fishing was fantastic! I was with a brazilian outfitter and we fished where we wanted to, although out of respect for the fly fishing lodge we never went far up river (and didn't need to). I'm not sure about all the politics about who has dibs on what river, but rivers in brazil are the public property (overseen by the brazilian navy). We had an amazing trip for teeners, but fish over 20 were hard to come by. Lots of 15 to 20, however! We caught over 100 teeners that week and I came back with sore arms! The secret that week? fishing the river, not the lagoons... On the last day, a boat my son was in caught 87 fish, 21 of them were in the 13-20lb range. And they had lots of busted lure and broken line stories to tell. My partner and I had 16 teeners that same day. All of these fish were taken in the river. Those in our group who fished the lagoons that day caught more fish, but mostly smaller peacock. Over all - the best peacock trip I have ever been on.

Agua Boa 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Bob Daly
Andrew: Agree Agua Boa is great for teeners. Fished there 5 different years and it is my favorite river for peacocks. Beautiful scenery with lots of lagoons. Great memories fishing with Dr. Jon Wilt at Ecotur Lodge Cool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quote
AndrewTaylor
I'm with you, Bob - hard to beat the Agua Boa. Seems to be a very good ratio of larger fish (teeners), but only a few 20+. Hardly any butterfly in the river, just a healthy population of ferocious paca and acu. Just about every point behind river bends we fished we had great action. Lot's of fun. Topwater bite was non-existant, but the action on jigs and shallow running minnows was unbelievable!

Agua Boa 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Forum Catch-All