PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Rubber Skirted Jigs
Rubber Skirted Jigs 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Dink Alston
This was discussed some last year and none of us had really got around to trying them, and all wondered how they would work. Well, this last trip on the Unini, I finally pulled one out the last day to experiment with. It was basically a bass swim jig, but I had changed out and put a musky skirt on it to get some extra length.

Yes, it works. I fished it fast just like I do the bucktails and caught fish on it. I only had it in white, which wasn't a good color at the time even for the bucktails. Next time I'll have a good color assortment of the proper colors, and I believe it will do the job. I even added my ultra vibe worm trailer to it, and it still caught fish. Add in some metallic strands and I think thats got it. If you move the rubber band up to about a third of the way from the end of the skirt before you put it on, the two thirds that trails straight back gives it an appearance somewhat similar to the stinger tail jigs we've all been tying.

Dink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Steve Townson
Dinkster,
Surely you jest? The Piranhas will have a field day with them when the water drop to 'attack' levels!! Joking aside, I know we both discussed them last week and I have to say, I see no reason why they shouldn't work. They must resemble a baitfish one way or anoher and if fished/ripped quickly, will undoubtably do the business.
I still think this is a plan for you to tie up less hair jigs and make life easier on yourself!!
How are my rods doing?
Steve
Hey Steve 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Rick Grover
get in line buddy, I'm waiting for Dink to make me his Secret Woodchopper.lol We needed 2 of those to give you and Charles a run. Rick G.
Rubber Skirted Jigs 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle