PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » New products for Peacock Bass fishing
New products for Peacock Bass fishing 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:39 am Reply with quote
Greg Thompson
Site Admin
Have any of the PBA Members found any new products that might help for the upcoming season. I saw a piece on TV here in Kansas City about Banana Boats new Dri-bloc sun screen. It goes on like lotion and then dries with no greasy residue. It advertised that sand won't stick to it. Using my 3 year old as a guinea pig, I tried it. It works and is water proof. I hate sun block that makes you greasy and runs in your eyes and makes your hands slick and slippery. I will be taking the adult version with me this winter to Brazil. It is called Banana Boat Dri-bloc Sport. http://www.bananaboat.com/products/10943.aspx?cat=4&curBrowseBy=Usage

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:11 am Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
Greg:

I've been accumulating the new t-shirts made by Underarmour and Columbia, among others, that weigh next to nothing and wick away moisture unbelieveably well. I've played golf and fished in them now for several months and they are very cool and comfortable in the summer Florida heat. I plan on taking both long and short sleeve versions in November. The only caveat is that you need to buy at least one extra size larger if you want a looser fit. They tend to be snug.
Cheers
Sun Bloc 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Bob Daly
My Partner used Bullfrog SPF 36 Quick Gel Spray last season on the Itapara and swore by it. 8)
Good fishing, Bob Daly
Under Armour 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Don Cutter
I agree with Rick about the UnderArmour. As a matter of fact, I will have the Long Sleeve T-shirts available for sale at our camp site tackle store for those wishing to give them a try. Of course, our shirts feature a prominant Amazon Fishing Adventures logo on the front. I used the shirts last season, and they work great.
Don

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
neal m brown
while i hate to sound like a ringer for fishquest, they have come out with a shirt that looks like underarmour and in my opinion is far superior. i used it on 2 trips to the amazon this past season, a trip to the bahamas for bonefish in april, and this summer here in the northeast. it is a soft nylon type material that stretches as it is elasticsed. it wicks away sweat and is light and quick drying. my only complaint is that it lacks pockets. as a predominant fly fisherman i miss the pockets. otherwise it is the best warm weather fishing shirt i have yet tried.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Rick Klotz
Here's a twist on the Spike It product. With Spike It, color choices are rather limited overall plus my belief that the scent doesn't really add much for Peacocks, I've been fooling around with fine point permanent markers to color plugs, banjos. etc.. You can buy an assortment of these at Office Depot in relatively small sizes for less than one Spike It.
Re: Under Armour 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
RLBass
Don Cutter wrote:
... UnderArmour. As a matter of fact, I will have the Long Sleeve T-shirts available for sale at our camp site tackle store for those wishing to give them a try....
Don

Hope you'll have a few left by the time I get there in November, Don. Please save me three in "GG" size (English "XL"). Thanks.
New products for Peacock Bass fishing 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle