PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Yo-Zuri Crystal Minnows
Yo-Zuri Crystal Minnows 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
Got a report this yesterday from a friend who was down last week fishing and he said the red head Yo-Zuri was a killer all week for those who fished with subsurface lures. I have fished with the pink and blue in the past with good luck also. Do you guys see any difference when fishing with the floating and sinking models. I always change out the hooks and it makes the floaters sink anyway. The only difference I see in them is the weight, 5/8 oz. verus 1 oz. He also showed up at my office with a Halloween HighRoller that was totally destroyed from catching big fish all week long. He only had one and really got the mileage out of it fishing with it all week long till all the the paint was beat off. Good luck to all, Bobby Foster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Robyn Tassio
Hi Bobby,

We had a fellow on the Amazon Queen II last week with the red head Yo-Zuri that did really good. Not everyone had a yo-zuri so I gave them some Peacock Minnows and they begun catching a ton of fish.

Another fellow on the Queen had the same thing happen to his Highroller, the paint was completely wore off. He caught his big fish with it and was afraid to continue throwing it for fear of losing it. I gave him a replacement Highroller so he could continue to fish the same type Highroller.

You could throw just about anything and catch fish!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Robyn Tassio
Hi Gary,

Yes, I did throw some new colors and had some favorable results with them. The color I sent you plus a color I came up with last season were the best 'new' colors that I tried, the only problem was the acidic water and peacocks were very brutal on my paint job. I think I have a few more I can send you to try if you'd like.

I did throw some of your special jigs and caught quite a few nice size peacocks on them.

Everytime we pulled up to a main river point I would start out with a woodchopper/highroller then move to a peacock minnow and then finish up with one of your jigs.

Yo-Zuri Crystal Minnows 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle