PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » New Super Spooks
New Super Spooks 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
Has anyone seen the the Magnum Zara Spook and Super Magnum Spooks for sale anywhere. Would like to buy a couple and so would one of my fishing buddies. Bobby Foster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:49 am Reply with quote
Larry Larsen
Executive Director
Bobby,

Since breaking the news about the big Zaras in our montly eZine a few issues ago, I have had quite a few calls and emails from PBA members looking for them. a PRADCO (Heddon) representative and friend passed on the following information to one of the emails that I forwarded to him for response.

"The new Magnum (6-inch) and Super Magnum (7-inch) Zara Spooks are available in the following colors: Bullfrog, Fire Tiger, Bleeding Shad, Lake Fork Shad, Holographic Rainbow Trout, Red Head, Black Shore Minnow, Blazin’ Shore Minnow, Sucker Shore Minnow, White Chartreuse, and Chartreuse/Black Head. As for availability, they are just now showing up in our warehouse (mid-August), which means they will be in retail outlets very soon. Some of the major retailers should have them first. Check out our website at www.lurenet.com for more info."

Stay turned for the introduction of a brand new peacock bass lure maker Supporting Member in an upcoming eZine shortly.

www.peacockbassassociation
www.larsenoutdoors.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:42 am Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
Thanks Larry, we have a Bass Pro Shops here in the Houston area along with Academy Sports And Outdoors. One of those should have them pretty soon. That is a good list of colors they are offering, will be carrying a few down south this season. Bobby Foster
Bigger Zara Spooks 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Dan Stock
We have NOT convinced Pradco to sell these to us for resale,
since we do not have a " store front " per say.As you know, we
operate out of a 30' 30' a/c and heated shop for tackle.
We are only licensed to sell resale via our website or by appointment
only from our home/shop.

The samples look great.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
Saw a picture of the new 7 inch Zara Spook and it's a wopper. Bet you can chunk them a mile. If any of you guys going down early use them let us know what you think. Bobby Foster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Dink Alston
Just got back from the local Bass Pro Shops and they had the Magnum and Super Magnum Spooks. I bought a Magnum, but the Super Magnums just look too big to me. It said 8" on the back of the package, and it was every bit that much. I'd like to see the fish that hits that one......

Dink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
Dink I think they the eight inch size may be a little big also. One of my fishing buddies will be back this weekend and he carried a couple of the 7 inch models to try. He will be checking in with a report on how they produced. I would rather have seen them about 6 to 6 1/2 inches in length. Will let you guys know latter in the week. Bobby Foster
Hey Guys! 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Gary Clark
Picked up one of the red/white magnum Spooks at Bass Pro Shops today. Changed out the split rings and hooks. It's big, but not nearly as big as the Super Magnum one. Wow! Just no need for that one in our arsenal. It would be like chunking a piece of cordwood---HA! All the bass,
Gary C
Weight 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Gary Clark
By the way, the "small" one weighs in at a whopping 2.8 ounces!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Don Cutter
Bobby,
I thought you might be interested in knowing that I have already received my supply of Magnum Zaro Spooks and Super Magnum Zara Spooks for the Amazon Fishing Adventures Unini River Camps. I have tested them one day for a couple of hours. Had several blow ups and hooked a Piraracu that would have weighed in about 175 - 200 pounds on the Magnum spook. On the third big jump, he ripped the rear hook and the steel wire that runs through the bait completely out of the bait - ripping in in two and escaped.

While not included in our standard lure package, we will have a supply of these baits for sale at each of our camps.

Water levels on the Unini are looking great. I fished on the Madeira system this past week, but the water levels are beginning to get pretty low. The fishing was good, but the season will soon be over in that watershed.

Later I will post a report on the big Gringo/Brazilian Tournament.
Don
Hey Don! 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Gary Clark
Don, Welcome back! Wondered if you threw the bigger one? It's a real whopper!!!
All the bass, Gary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
Thanks Don for the update on the new Spooks. Since you will have them at the camp that will be one less lunker I will have to bring down. Looking forward to the results of the tournament. Bobby Foster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:17 am Reply with quote
Don Cutter
Gary,
I did not throw the bigger spook on the last trip. However, I am returning this next week, and I plan to give it a try as well. Maybe it will be big enough and strong enough to entice that 30 lb peacock bass that must be lurking somewhere on the Unini River.
Don
New Super Spooks 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle