PBA Home Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle » Peacock Bass Special
Peacock Bass Special 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Lance Rollins
My wife came home from a garage sale with a black and orange Peacock bass special that was considerably smaller than the ones sold through all the traditional sources I've found online. I've played around with it at a nearby lake and found the action and splash almost as good as the larger model. Does anyone know where these might be found? I leave on the 20th of October, I'm packed, eager and ready to go, just trying to finish up and top off my lure selection. I'm also curious about rod tubes, I'm planning on carrying 5 3-piece rods in a 34 inch tube, wondering if this will be allowed as carry-on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Bobby W. Foster
Lance, I know that Bass Pro Shops carries all the different size Woodchoppers right on down to the very smallest peacock Bass Specials. Dan at www.highrollerwest.com may have the small ones also. Just send him an e-mail. One other that comes to mind is Questackle, I know they offer a wide variety of Amazon grade lures. Can't help you with the rod tube question but am sure there are others who are wondering also. Good luck on your trip and check backin when you return. Bobby Foster
rod cases 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Sean Wood
PBA Moderator
I went down to Brazil in July and carried a rod tube that was about 40 some inches. I had no problem carrying it down there, but the same airlines would not let me carry them on, on the way back. That was right before the last airline scare so who knows now.
Sean Wood

Peacock Bass Special 
  Peacock Bass Fishing Forum Forum Index » Fishing Tactics and Tackle